DIY Stocking Toy
Hang this by the chimney for a big slobbery kiss from your BFF.
Ensure your pet will enjoy this toy safely by making each stitch or knot as tight as possible.
- - Holiday sweater
- - One large piece of sturdy material such as solid colored wool, fleece, denim or flannel with no or minimal embellishments.
- - Sewing needle
- - Sewing thread
- - Soft toy stuffing
- - Plastic squeaker
- - Scissors
- - Marker or chalk for tracing
- Trace and cut 2 holiday stockings onto the solid colored fleece. Then remove any patches, pockets, or festive trim of the holiday sweater to embellish the stocking leaving a ¼” border around them.
- Sew the sweater accents onto one piece of the fleece using a zig zag stitch in whichever color thread you choose.
- Place the undecorated stocking fleece on top of the decorated stocking so the decorations are unseen. Sew the pieces together using a straight stitch leaving the top of the stocking open.
- Flip the stocking inside out and fill with soft toy stuffing and a squeaker or two. Sew the top of the stocking using a blanket stitch or with a machine.
- Sit back and enjoy watching your furry friend jump right in to the holiday spirit!
- As with all dog toys, your dog should be under complete supervision while in use. Please remove the toy from your dog at the first sign of wear.*
* WARNING. FOR PETS ONLY, NOT A CHILD’S TOY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. This toy was handmade with care and may have imperfections. Small parts can present a choking hazard or gastrointestinal blockage risk. Always supervise your pet while in use to prevent accidental swallowing of parts. Store out of the reach of your pet when not in use. Inspect toy regularly and remove the toy from your pet at the first sign of wear, as serious injury may result.